ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as dry cargo products for (mainly) animal feed industry. The Amsterdam office is the regional headquarters for the European, Asian and African business. The HR & Payroll Advisor will work in a small HR team who are supporting the business in EMEA region consisting of app 200 employees in 14 countries. The role will report to the Head of HR for the Liquid Products division, based in Amsterdam.
You will have a generalist remit covering a broad spectrum of HR responsibilities, ranging from payroll and maintaining employment files to advising employees and managers regarding employment and payroll topics. You will have a primary focus for several countries in EMEA.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Actively building positive and trusting relationships with the Liquid Products team and develop a sound knowledge of the business.
· Handling the administrative and operational processes for lifecycle HR events such as new joiners, leavers and transfers.
· Coordinating the payroll processed by external agencies across Europe.
· Maintaining staff records including ensuring 100% data accuracy of HR records within the HR-system and on paper.
· Coordinating and administering benefit programs and work conditions across Europe.
· Working closely with the HR team to deliver Group HR policies, processes and programs across the division, including learning and development, annual compensation, performance management and recruitment. Work on projects as appropriate
· Providing guidance and advice to managers and employees on HR related issues
· Managing employee relations issues as and when they arise and promoting strong employee engagement
· Utilising strong understanding of the business, structures and roles to ensure HR support is aligned to business objectives, the HR strategy and legal requirements.
Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter with the drive to deliver a high-quality HR service and build a highly regarded HR presence. We’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial minded and has ambition and determination. You should enjoy operating in a small HR team, being the main interface with the business for the day to day topics, whilst operating within the wider remit of the Group HR function.
· Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resource Management.
· Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in HR generalist role, covering also payroll, preferably in an international work environment
· Practical working knowledge of employment, income tax and social security laws and practices
· Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, approachable and ability to communicate effectively in teams and deal with employees at all levels.
· A pragmatist who understands how to align with an entrepreneurial business.
· Attention to detail and presentation, with a strong ability to execute.
· Pro-active attitude with strong work ethic and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Well-developed numerical and analytical skill sets.
· Results oriented approach and enjoys taking ownership.
· Fluent in Dutch and English is essential, preferably also German.
· Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, to intermediate level.
· High level of integrity, flexibility, ability to work under pressure and self-reflection are key attributes to perform this role.
Who We Are
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 7,000 people in 60 countries and annual revenue in excess of $10bn We trade, source, store process ship and distribute agricultural products, such as sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed, and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business. Each year we trade 11m bags of coffee, 11m tonnes of sugar and 6m tonnes of animal feed. We work closely with our customers and suppliers and help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self-Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
Please view our Recruitment Privacy Notice on our careers website: http://www.edfman.com/recruitment-privacy. Should you have any questions regarding this notice, please do not hesitate to contact the Human Resources team of your chosen role.