Location: Irvington, New York, United States
Content & Social Media Manager
LOCATION: Irvington, NY
We, as a world leading green coffee trading company, have an exciting opening for our new specialty coffee business. As we develop this new direct to market business taking origin expertise into the domestic US independent coffee retailers, we aim to support small businesses through the provision on high quality coffee, specific blends and key specialist knowledge dawn from originating regions.
Based in our Irvington, New York office, the Content & Social Media Manager will lead digital marketing and web management, engaging our customers with authentic and evocative stories of The Genuine Origin difference -- our vast origin network, farmer partners, sustainability impact, and roaster support, etc. The Content & Social Media Manager will also support strategies to personalize connections, including but not limited to organizing Origin trips for customers.
- Tell amazing stories to help distinguish the Genuine Origin brand by leveraging Volcafe’s depth of experience at Origin and establish credibility and excitement for Genuine Origin’s coffee quality, sustainability platform, and supply chain approach through powerful storytelling.
- Build Genuine Origin’s on-line brand presence by designing and implementing Genuine Origin’s digital strategy to support sales and marketing goals for web traffic, on-line sales, and customer engagement.
- Foster connectivity between Genuine Origin’s customer and Origin, demonstrating the transparency of our supply chain and helping to build loyalty for the brand.
- Support overall marketing interact with marketing and sales teams to build integrated campaigns that drive interest and engagement with Genuine Origin.
- Manage the web site with regular updates and new content.
- Personal connection to coffee with the ability to speak humbly and authentically about coffee related topics
- Demonstrable experience in social media marketing, with a firm understanding of traditional marketing metrics and ability to integrate the two
- eCommerce experience is beneficial
- Fluent with all major social media platforms
- Technical proficiency with WordPress
- Highly motivated with exceptional prioritization skills and ability to self-direct day-to-day activity
- Sets and maintains high performance standards
- Experience as a coffee professional (barista, roaster, or cupper) a plus
- Photography skills also a plus
- Ability to travel up to 30%