Please note that mastering the Dutch and the French language is a requirement for this role. Solliciteren in het Nederlands is ook mogelijk, de verdere sollicitatieprocedure zal ook in het Nederlands zijn.
ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is a leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as a leading global supplier in beet pulp pellets and other dry cargo products for (mainly) the animal feed industry. The Amsterdam office is the regional headquarters for the European, Asian and African business. We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us in the Dry Products business (ED&F Man Feedimpex) based in the Amsterdam office. You will be part of an ambitious and growing team with five colleagues, where you will get the chance to expand your skills and make a difference in a dynamic trading environment by optimizing processes. The role will report to the Logistics Manager.
As a Logistics Specialist you will be the missing link in the chain between our suppliers, service providers and customers. You will be responsible for timely truck deliveries to our customers whilst managing the costs and serving the needs of the warehouses and suppliers. You take part of an ambitious and growing team, where you will get the chance to expand your skills and make a difference in a dynamic trading environment.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of hands-on experience in a similar position ensuring flawless, efficient and effective product transportation.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
· Planning of trucks and barges.
· Organizing transport, including price negotiations.
· Processing orders in the systems.
· Instructing and invoicing service suppliers.
· Managing the contracts.
· Management of stocks.
· Liaising closely with the trading desk.
We offer a challenging role in a very dynamic environment.
Skills & Qualifications:
· Medium Vocational Education degree or Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Logistics.
· A minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in a similar role, preferably in the Agri or Feed industry.
· Knowledge of logistics and controlling such processes.
· Fluency in business Dutch, French and English is required.
· Flexible and adaptable; you must be eager to experience different working environments and able to adjust quickly. Keen to take on new challenges.
· Must be very organised and able to work within tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
· Pro-active and able to set priorities and follow through
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build strong working relationships with others and provide them with your support and/or leadership.
· Determined, resilient and eager to join the ED&F Man business.
· High level of integrity, flexibility, ability to work under pressure and self-reflection are key attributes to perform this role.
Who We Are
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 7,000 people in 60 countries and an annual revenue in excess of $10bn We trade, source, store process ship and distribute agricultural products, such as sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. We help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging and provide access to commodity and capital markets through our brokerage business. Each year we trade 11m bags of coffee, 11m tonnes of sugar and 6m tonnes of animal feed. We work closely with our customers and suppliers and help our counterparties manage price risk through hedging.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship.
Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self-Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.