Senior Sugar Trader
Location: ED&F Man Sugar, Inc., 801 Brickell Avenue, 14th Floor, Miami, FL 33131
- Organize meetings with Sugar Traders to review the monthly consolidation of the regional market position on both physical sales and purchases, and the futures market.
- Provide insight and strategy to support the Sugar Traders.
- Present strategy to the Risk Committee and Board of Directors to raise capital for the business unit and build models to provide financing to sugar suppliers to attain more favorable terms.
- Prepare presentations for a diverse group of clients to provide guidance on the market trends, and explore new business opportunities.
- Supervise Sugar traders on the appropriate performance of contract elaboration and execution, and ensure risk management and hedging strategies are being appropriately used among the business unit.
- Regularly travel to sugar producing countries in Central and South America to meet with key clients and service providers to develop and maintain strong business relationships.
- Manage and maintain business relationships with all industry players to attain the support required to perform transactions that yield the best outcomes.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or related field and five years of progressive, post-baccalaureate experience in the job offered or related occupation in a commercial, trading commodities or financial services organization.
- Experience must include:
1) Spanish and Portuguese language fluency, both oral and written.
2) Must have Series 7, and 63 licenses
3) Five years of experience in the application of skills to negotiate key contracts, agree to prices, coordinate logistics, as well as the ability to understand and apply key principles and techniques of physical commodity trading.
4) Five years of experience in acquiring and analyzing up to date sugar production and consumption information.
5) Five years of experience in client relationship management involving evaluation of financial situations, the needs and investment objectives.
6) Five years of experience in understanding the physical supply chain, evaluating freights, bookings and establishing efficient and reliable routes of shipment.
7) Five years of experience in understanding timely execution of contracts and delivery of shipments to customers.
8) Advanced experience in communicating accounting and financial reporting matters through email, reports, or orally.
9) Strong knowledge of maintaining excellent working relationships with all appropriate levels within and outside the company.
Requires 20% international travel to sugar producing countries in Central and South America to meet with key clients and service providers.
Mail resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, ED&F Man, 425 S. Financial Pl., Ste. 1850, Chicago, IL 60605