Location: Tomball, United States
Westway Feed Products is North America’s largest manufacturer of liquid supplements for livestock. Additionally, we produce tub supplements, feed mill products, dried molasses and industrial products.
The core concept of Westway’s business is to utilize co-products from other industries and convert them into safe, high-quality, cost effective, livestock feed supplements. While Westway’s primary ingredient for many of our products is molasses, we also incorporate other co-products such as glycerin, whey, corn solubles, corn steep and soy solubles. The concept of utilizing these co-products is the foundation of our sustainability platform.
Today, Westway operates 28 production facilities across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our geographic reach allows for products to be developed according to environmental and production system variations across the country.
Westway Feed Products, based in Tomball, Texas, is a subsidiary of ED&F Man. Established in 1783, ED&F Man is a privately-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 6,000 people in 60 countries.
The Formulator plays a key role in assisting with product formulation in the US and Canada along with creating new potential products and maintaining finished product formulas. This role oversees the creation of new products and collaborates with Purchasing, Sales, and Operations to ensure products meet requested specifications.
This entry level role offers progression within the business and opportunities to learn and develop.
- Assist with product formulations in North & South America. Make edits, activate, and maintain/re-formulate formulas.
- Review production logs for compliance to Westway standards. Report deviations from standards.
- Complete formulation system maintenance for all plants.
- Assist in monthly product pricing.
- Review lab assay results for ingredients and finished products. Report results that have concerns.
- Accurately and timely type, copy, collate and file documents as requested. Assist with data entry as needed.
- Maintain files for feed tags, licensing, registrations, and other areas to help maintain an organized set of records.
- Complete forms required by state and federal agencies for registrations, licenses, and/or tonnage reports.
- Print, cut, and ship feed tags to plants and sales staff for distribution to customers either through direct handout or delivery with each shipment.
- Develop, organize, and coordinate documents required for shipments into other countries.
- Comply with applicable regulatory and company health, safety, environmental, and security requirements.
- This role would suit someone who has a degree or equivalent in an agricultural related study
- Knowledge of agricultural concepts.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and working knowledge of office equipment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with customers and co-workers; exemplary grammatical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, logistically organize and maintain many details and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with general direction from supervisor.