We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a District Sales Manager to work in a truly global environment to be responsible for generating new business and managing existing business relationships in the cow/calf and feed mill molasses market of the Southeast of America (Georgia, Alabama, North and South Carolina).
Westway Feed Products is North America’s largest manufacturer of liquid supplements for livestock. Additionally, we produce tub supplements, feed mill products, dried molasses and industrial products. The core concept of Westway’s business is to utilize co-products from other industries and convert them into safe, high-quality, cost effective, livestock feed supplements. While Westway’s primary ingredient for many of our products is molasses, we also incorporate other co-products such as glycerin, whey, corn solubles, corn steep and soy solubles. The concept of utilizing these co-products is the foundation of our sustainability platform. Today, Westway operates 25 production facilities across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our geographic reach allows for products to be developed according to environmental and production system variations across the country.
We are part of ED&F Man Commodities, a world leading trader of agricultural products including coffee, sugar, molasses and animal feed.
This position will be home-based ideally in Georgia, Alabama, North or South Carolina or Northern Florida with weekly travel to customers in this region and the Plant in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Regularly schedules appointments, travelling throughout the territory to meet current customers to maintain business relationships and to explain products and services available.
- Prepares product pricing, sales contracts, and credit for customers within reasonable margins.
- Works directly with customers to effectively resolve issues and provide technical advice.
- Coordinates with distributors and production facilities as needed to resolve issues.
- Calls on and interacts with multipliers, dealers, end-users in the cow/calf business, to educate, increase awareness of, and position the value of Westway products and services, utilizing Technical Service team to assist with technical information as needed.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sale leads; actively pursuing new business to expand the company.
- Assists customers on equipment assignments and promptly and satisfactorily resolves issues.
- Coordinates orders from customers as necessary and collaborates with production facilities on customer’s orders and delivery.
- Annually prepares and achieves sales budget, assisting with sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals.
- Prepares reports showing business transactions, potential sales, and areas of proposed customer expansion.
- Monitors and evaluates the competition and makes recommendations to respond to competition, keeping up to date on industry trends.
- Assists with collections by working with customers on payment and/or payment schedules.
- Supports team efforts, actively works to generate respect and enthusiasm, cooperates with others, and actively learns from other team members.
Skills and Experience:
- Substantial sales or marketing experience within the feed or agricultural related industry.
- BS in Agriculture or related degree, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of marketing principles and ability to accurately apply and use marketing and sales concepts.
- Knowledge of beef and feed business industry trends
- Ability to research and analyze market, industry and customers, to apply that information to manage accounts and increase sales.
- Ability to understand and apply basic mathematical concepts.
- Ability to incorporate favorable terms for the company into negotiations.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business and professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, and financial reports.
- Ability to effectively present information, communicate with, and respond to questions and complaints.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to write reports, correspondence, and procedures.
- Ability to interact with others in a professional and appropriate manner and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- Takes initiative to identify problems, uses judgment to find appropriate solutions and follows through on resolving issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions, policies and data.
- High motivation level with the ability to perform work with considerable independence and ability to exercise judgment and make decisions independently.
As an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
We provide a fast-paced, stimulating and truly global environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the global leaders in soft commodity trading.
Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus, Entrepreneurship
Our values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs that determine our actions and guide our behaviour. They influence the way we communicate and collaborate, and define the way we engage with our clients, partners, and communities.
We share the commitment of our parent company, ED&F Man Commodities. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and are focussed on actively building and developing diverse teams. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
To apply you must have the right to work for the provided location.