We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as an HR & Payroll Officer. You will work in a small HR team who are supporting the business in EMEA region consisting of approximately 230 employees in 14 countries. The Amsterdam office is the regional headquarters, and the role will report to the Head of HR for the Liquid Products division, also based in Amsterdam.
ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is the leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as dry products for (mainly) the animal feed industry. ED&F Man is a pioneer as well as a trader in liquid agricultural by-and- co-products. We offer expertise in animal nutrition and feed dispense technology to farmers. We work closely with manufacturers, such as rum and yeast producers, to provide quality products from sustainable sources. Our capability includes sourcing, shipping, storage and distribution of molasses, molasses blends and other sugar co-products, as well as vegetable and fish oils. Using the sourcing skill of our trading division and the blending and inventory management know-how of our storage operations, we tailor make sophisticated blends to match our customers’ needs.
We are part of ED&F Man Commodities, a world leading trader of agricultural products including coffee, sugar, molasses and animal feed.
You will have an HR generalist remit covering a broad spectrum of HR responsibilities, ranging from payroll and maintaining employment files to advising employees and managers regarding employment and payroll topics. You will have a primary focus for several countries in EMEA.
- Actively building positive and trusting relationships with the Liquid Products teams and developing a sound knowledge of the business.
- Handling the administrative and operational processes for lifecycle HR events such as new joiners, leavers and transfers.
- Coordinating the payroll processed by external providers across Europe.
- Maintaining staff records including ensuring 100% data accuracy of HR records within the HR-system and on paper.
- Coordinating and administering benefit programs and work conditions across Europe.
- Working closely with the HR team to deliver group HR policies, processes, and programs across the division, including learning and development, annual compensation, performance management and recruitment. Work on projects as appropriate.
- Providing guidance and advice to managers and employees on HR related issues.
- Managing employee relations issues as and when they arise and promoting strong employee engagement.
- Utilizing a strong understanding of the business, structures, and roles to ensure HR support is aligned to business objectives, the HR strategy and legal requirements.
Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter with the drive to deliver a high-quality HR service and build a highly regarded HR presence. We’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial minded and has ambition and determination. You should enjoy operating in a small HR team, being the main interface with the business for the day-to-day topics.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Human Resource Management.
- Fluent in Dutch and English are essential.
- Minimum of 2-4 years’ work experience in HR generalist role, covering also Payroll, preferably in an international work environment.
- Knowledge of employment law and payroll.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills, approachable and ability to communicate effectively in teams and deal with employees at all levels.
- A pragmatist who understands how to align with an entrepreneurial business.
- Attention to detail and presentation, with a strong ability to execute.
- Pro-active attitude with strong work ethic and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Results oriented approach and enjoys taking ownership.
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office, to intermediate level.
As an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
We provide a fast-paced, stimulating and truly global environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the global leaders in soft commodity trading.
Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus, Entrepreneurship
Our values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs that determine our actions and guide our behaviour. They influence the way we communicate and collaborate, and define the way we engage with our clients, partners, and communities. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and are focussed on actively building and developing diverse teams. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
To apply you must have the right to work for the provided location.