We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Logistics and Documentation Specialist to work in a truly global environment in a team that transports agricultural cargo globally by road, rail and ship. You will have direct contact with brokers, buyers, shipping lines, service providers, and colleagues. Based in our ‘loft’ style Spokane office, just outside downtown, with plenty of free parking, this role will allow you to grow and develop your career.
Maviga NA, Inc. is the North American subsidiary of ED&F Man, which is headquartered in London, UK. Maviga is a leading force in the origination, processing, and trading of dried edible pulses.
We are part of ED&F Man Commodities, an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 2,800 people in 110 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. Corporate responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We are passionate about sustainable production, take care to limit the environmental impact of our operations and actively support the communities in which we work.
- Managing communications with brokers, buyers, shipping lines, service providers, and colleagues
- Prepare various documents including shipping instructions, bills of lading masters, certificate of origins, weight certificates, and packing lists
- Managing communications with various governmental agencies – such as filing AES, and requesting Phyto-sanitary certificates, and other necessary documents to comply with export regulations, import requirements, and destination clearances
- Support the timely delivery of documents, which require accuracy and concise proof-reading, to successfully support delivery of goods to the export customer
- Monitor cargo from sale of product to discharge at destination, to ensure cargo meets contract requirements
- Maintain knowledge of export administration regulations, and any changes in export laws and regulations
Skills and Experience
- Associate degree or related export experience and/or equivalent combination of education and experience; four-year college degree preferred
- Proficient with the Microsoft office products
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate efficiently both verbally and in written form
- Able to work well within a team environment
- Flexible to handle multiple tasks, involving fast changing business conditions
- Results orientated, with a can-do attitude
- Organizational, planning and good geographical knowledge
- Keen eye for detail
As an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
We provide a fast-paced, stimulating and truly global environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the global leaders in soft commodity trading.
Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus, Entrepreneurship
Our values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs that determine our actions and guide our behaviour. They influence the way we communicate and collaborate, and define the way we engage with our clients, partners, and communities. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and are focussed on actively building and developing diverse teams. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
To apply you must have the right to work for the provided location.