We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Commercial Manager, Coffee to work in a truly global environment to manage and grow our green coffee beans sales and service centre in Shanghai. The role provides long term development potential for someone eager to demonstrate their skills and experience in the fast-paced soft commodities environment.
Volcafe Ltd is one of the world’s leading international green coffee trading companies, operating in over 20 countries globally. Our expertise spans green coffee procurement and preparation, sustainability, blending, quality control, risk management and export as well as importing and distribution. We supply the world’s major coffee roasters and retail distributors with their green coffee requirements, with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future. We are part of ED&F Man Commodities, a world leading trader of agricultural products including coffee, sugar, molasses and animal feed.
Volcafe works across the whole green coffee supply chain to make coffee business better, together with our partners and employees. We have built and operate sustainable coffee supply chains across all our origins, addressing key economic, social and environmental issues in coffee farming communities. Our Volcafe Way farmer support programme engages with thousands of coffee farmers and provides a holistic response to the challenges they face.
- Lead business development activities through building and maintaining strong relationship within the industry
- Expand our sales and increase our customer base
- Ensure customer satisfaction
- Source new clients for green coffee sales
- Manage the execution of contracts, and the physical coffees sales ensuring the business is administered and controlled according to group minimum control standards
- Oversee a seamless supply chain
- Deliver against monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- General oversight and management of the Shanghai team
Skills and Experience
- Relevant commercial experience in ideally coffee or soft commodities or FMCG manufacturing
- Fluency in Mandarin and written and spoken English
- Experience in both Arabica and Robusta coffee – advantageous
- Deep coffee industry connections and good market intelligence in the industry – advantageous
- Excellent commercial acumen and analytical skills
- Robust resilient character with the ability to work autonomously and confidently
- Experience in managing budgets and successfully managing P&L
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to generate ideas for business improvement and development.
- Results focussed, driven to continuously achieve and surpass sales targets
As an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
We provide a fast-paced, stimulating and truly global environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the global leaders in soft commodity trading.
Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus, Entrepreneurship
Volcafe shares the values of our parent company, ED&F Man Commodities. Our values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs that determine our actions and guide our behaviour. They influence the way we communicate and collaborate, and define the way we engage with our clients, partners, and communities.
Volcafe shares the commitment of our parent company, ED&F Man Commodities. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and are focussed on actively building and developing diverse teams. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process.