We have an exciting opportunity for an early career Human Resources professional to join us as an HR Generalist to provide administrative support across a broad range of HR activities for the U.S. and Canada reporting to the HR Operations Supervisor. This position is responsible for supporting the recruitment process within our manufacturing locations, new hire onboarding, benefit plan administration, HR data management, and various compliance topics.
This role will be based in our Regional HQ office in New Orleans, Louisiana and will provide the opportunity for exposure to all areas of HR Operations as part of a small team in a dynamic international organization.
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 2,800 people in 110 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. Corporate responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We are passionate about sustainable production, take care to limit the environmental impact of our operations and actively support the communities in which we work.
- Strategically and proactively sources passive and active candidates for manufacturing roles.
- Conducts preliminary phone interviews to screens applicants.
- Coordinates with local managers to schedule onsite interviews.
- Maintains contracts with temp agencies and assists managers with hiring temporary workers when needed, including a roster of temporary workers.
Benefit Plan Administration
- Reconciles and processes benefit plan invoices.
- Responds to and resolves, routine administrative issues and questions.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrolments, changes and terminations.
- Processes Evidence of Insurability requests for additional life insurance.
- Manages the COBRA process.
- Resolves data discrepancies in plan enrolment and runs data reports as needed.
- Completes Qualified Medical Child Support Orders (QMCSOs).
- Oversees data input for production of ACA 1095 forms.
HR Data Management
- Maintains electronic filing of personnel-related documents and benefit plan documents.
- Manages data posted on the ADP self-service portal.
- Responds to employment verifications and unemployment claims with appropriate documentation.
- Tracks and updates work locations for worker’s compensation policy.
- Updates and maintains Standard Operating Procedures as needed.
New Hire Onboarding
- Manages new hire onboarding paperwork.
- Manages the background screening processes through our third party vendors.
- Completes I-9 Forms in accordance with E-Verify and USCIS requirements.
- Conducts quarterly review of compliance topics relating to employment
- Provides data to support annual worker’s compensation and 401K audits.
- Completes monthly reconciliation/audit of HR systems.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, Business Administration or a related discipline preferred; experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and related Microsoft Suite apps.
- Familiarity with ADP Workforce Now a plus.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must.
- Detail-oriented and organized with the ability to prioritize.
- The ability to recognize and raise potential risks or issues.
As an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
We provide a fast-paced, stimulating and truly global environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the global leaders in soft commodity trading.
Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus, Entrepreneurship
Our values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs that determine our actions and guide our behaviour. They influence the way we communicate and collaborate, and define the way we engage with our clients, partners, and communities. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and are focussed on actively building and developing diverse teams. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
To apply you must have the right to work for the provided location.