We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Treasury Analyst to work in a truly global environment reporting to Treasury Manager. The Treasury Analyst will form part of the treasury operations department and help oversee and execute daily treasury activities, perform month-end duties, and monitor daily controls. The treasury team is part of group treasury which is based across London and Amsterdam. This role has great growth opportunities as the team is in the transition and working on automating currently manual processes.
Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 2,800 people in 43 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. Corporate responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We are passionate about sustainable production, take care to limit the environmental impact of our operations and actively support the communities in which we work.
- Providing front line customer service to internal clients and banks, answering queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Intra-day cash management for group treasury.
- Cash forecasting for the group, daily cash management reporting.
- Bank account administration and maintenance.
- Manage internal and external loans and bank fees.
- Performing corporate treasury activities such as;
- Process payments using online banking systems.
- FX and debt settlements.
- Record treasury transactions in treasury management system (Kyriba).
- FX hedging execution using FXall – arrange spot, forward and swap trades, in line with the group treasury policy.
- Assist with the resolution of payment, loan and FX discrepancies.
- Assist in month-end reporting on treasury transactions and intercompany balances.
- Assist in system developments (Kyriba and TPS).
- Systems used include: FXall (electronic trading platform), Kyriba (treasury management system), TPS (in-house treasury payment system) and banking platforms.
Skills and Experience
The post-holder will need a high level of attention to detail and the flexibility to perform a wide variety of tasks in the broader treasury department. The post-holder will also need to have a strong customer focus, be adaptable to change and be able to proactively work with the team.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business economics, accounting, or finance.
- Experience in accounting or treasury.
- Strong analytical and Excel skills.
- Continuous improvement mind-set.
- An understanding of treasury accounting principles.
- Experience with Interacting with multiple business units around the world
- Knowledge of interest rate, foreign exchange, commodity and derivatives markets and risks.
- Experience using Kyriba and FXall is advantageous.
As an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
We provide a fast-paced, stimulating and truly global environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the global leaders in soft commodity trading.
Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus, Entrepreneurship
Our values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs that determine our actions and guide our behaviour. They influence the way we communicate and collaborate, and define the way we engage with our clients, partners, and communities. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and are focussed on actively building and developing diverse teams. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
To apply you must have the right to work for the provided location.