Established in 1783, ED&F Man is an employee-owned agricultural commodities merchant with 5,500 people in 50 countries and annual revenue in excess of $8bn. We trade sugar, coffee, molasses, animal feed and pulses. Corporate responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We are passionate about sustainable production, take care to limit the environmental impact of our operations and actively support the communities in which we work.
We source or process raw, white and specialty sugars from over 40 producing countries. We sell to refineries, industrial users, wholesalers, retailers and consumers, offering local solutions though a number of in-country purchasing, sales and distribution businesses.
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as an experienced and high calibre Documents Specialist to work in a truly global environment. The role provides long term potential within the challenging and fast‐paced soft commodities industry.
As a member of Bonsucro, all our processing operations and trading hubs have the highest sustainability credentials and we play an active role in developing the sustainability agenda.
- Preparation and processing of shipping documents such as Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, Phytosanitary, Health, Radioactivity and, Weight and Quality Certificates
- Daily liaison with contractual counterparties, banks, in-house trading staff, and Operations Department colleagues both in London and overseas
- Negotiating Documents for payment basis CAD, Bank Documentary Collection, and Documentary Letters of Credit
- Processing purchase and peripheral services invoices and raising sales invoices for sugar on in house lT system (ITAS)
- Arrangement of LOI release of cargo, when required
- Managing sales counterparty payment progress
- Arranging insurance cover of shipments
- Supporting of document’s team members, in our external offices.
Required Skills and Experience
- Some experience gained within an operations function of a trading house is required, ideally they would have some shipping and documentation experience
- French and English are essential
- An understanding of Documentary Letters of Credit, Bank Collection procedures and payment instruments such as avalised drafts would be ideal.
- Be well versed in respect to UCP 600 and lCC Nr 522 (“Uniform Rules for Collections”)
- Be numerate with strong lT skills
- Possess attention to detail and accuracy
- A CDCS qualification would be a distinct advantage
As an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
We provide a fast-paced, stimulating and truly global environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the global leaders in soft commodity trading.
Here at ED&F Man we are guided by our five company values: Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus and Entrepreneurship. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
Equal Opportunities Statement
ED&F Man is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.