Logistics Coordinator (Containers)
We have an opportunity for a Logistics Coordinator to join the Container Operations Team to support the company’s unitised sugar transportation activities. Responsible for a range of logistics functions you will have relevant experience within Logistics and Documents and would be excited to our busy Sugar operations team. The role will be a member of our Container Operations reporting to the Container Operations Manager.
• Processing and / or checking of Shipping Documents such as Bills of Lading, Certificates of Origin, Phytosanitary, Health, Radioactivity, Weight and Quality Certificates etc.
• Negotiating Documents for payment basis CAD, Bank Documentary Collection, and Documentary Letters of Credit.
• Liaising with the company’s Container freight manager regarding freight booking requirements.
• Booking truck and rail transportation with service providers
• Daily Liaison with contractual counterparties, regional offices, shipping lines, transport companies and agents in relation to counterparty documentary requirements, shipping schedules and transit progress.
• Contract allocations and maintenance on the in-house I.T. system (“ITAS”).
• Processing purchase and peripheral services invoices and raising sales invoices for sugar on ITAS.
• Managing sales counterparty payment progress.
• Arranging and monitoring pre-carriage and on-carriage movements.
• Arranging insurance cover of shipments
• Monthly storage insurance declaration for destination warehoused sugars
• Warehouse and domestic distribution
• NAFTA Imports knowledge preferable
• Sugar experience preferred, but not mandatory
Skills & Qualifications
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience gained in logistics within either a commodity company, supply chain company or relevant banking operations team.
• Must be conversant with Incoterms 2000.
• Knowledge of UCP 600 and I.C.C. Nr 522 (“Uniform Rules for Collections”) would be an advantage.
• The successful candidate will be proactive and will enjoy problem solving.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing clearly, confidently and diplomatically at all levels both internally and externally, and concisely expresses issues of a complex nature.
• Willing to take full responsibility for the effective resolution of logistical and operational issues.
• Able to use sound judgement and make timely, informed decisions to ensure efficient and appropriate operational support.
• Diligence and complete attention to detail.
• Adaptable to the dynamic trading environment.
• General computer literacy is essential. Experience of ERP systems would be beneficial.