We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Customer Service Specialist to join our team at the head office in the Woodlands, Houston, to provide customer service support functions for Westway internal and external customers. The post-holder will be responsible for managing existing business relationships and will become a primary contact for customers, ensuring that all customer needs are handled in an efficient and profitable manner ensuring excellent customer service standards and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
Westway Feed Products is North America’s largest manufacturer of liquid supplements for livestock. Additionally, we produce tub supplements, feed mill products, dried molasses and industrial products. The core concept of Westway’s business is to utilize co-products from other industries and convert them into safe, high-quality, cost effective, livestock feed supplements. While Westway’s primary ingredient for many of our products is molasses, we also incorporate other co-products such as glycerin, whey, corn solubles, corn steep and soy solubles. The concept of utilizing these co-products is the foundation of our sustainability platform. Today, Westway operates 25 production facilities across the United States, Canada and Mexico. Our geographic reach allows for products to be developed according to environmental and production system variations across the country.
We are part of ED&F Man Commodities, a world leading trader of agricultural products including coffee, sugar, molasses and animal feed.
- Serve as the main point of contact between the customer and internal groups in Westway such as sales, operations, and supply chain
- Process customer communication daily via phone, email and text, entering orders into the system for the customer and facility based on the appropriate lead time required
- Engage with production facilities on customer orders and deliveries ensuring internal and external customer satisfaction
- Resolve customer product or service problems, clarifying complaints, determining solutions, and following up to ensure resolution
- Monitor and process no-ships according to policy guidelines, process credits, adjustments and re-bills daily as required
- Occasional interaction with freight providers and payables research, as well as some interaction in relation to transportation information
- Interact and communicate with clients and co-workers in a professional and appropriate manner with timely response, providing feedback in a respectful and positive manner
- Assist assigned sales group with price FX support as well as customer communication
- Take the initiative to identify problems, use judgment to find appropriate solutions and follow through with resolving issues in a timely manner
- Provide back-up and relief for the team as appropriate, supporting team efforts
Skills and Experience:
- Prior successful industry customer service experience and/or inside sales experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills both verbal and written with a positive and professional attitude
- Strong attention to detail, problem solving, prioritization, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, adapt to changing priorities and still meet business deadlines
- Enthusiastic and adaptable with a practical approach to delivering real value to the business
- Ability to work and collaborate with cross functional teams
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and ability to learn and use software
- Ability to work independently with general direction from supervisor
As an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
We provide a fast-paced, stimulating and truly global environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the global leaders in soft commodity trading.
Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus, Entrepreneurship
Our values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs that determine our actions and guide our behaviour. They influence the way we communicate and collaborate, and define the way we engage with our clients, partners, and communities.
We share the commitment of our parent company, ED&F Man Commodities. We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and are focussed on actively building and developing diverse teams. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
To apply you must have the right to work for the provided location.