We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join us as a Transport Administrator to work in a truly global environment to expand your customer service skills and become a part of the agricultural industry which is a vital part of the UK food chain. The role provides long term development potential for someone eager to demonstrate their skills and experience in the fast-paced agricultural soft commodities environment.
ED&F Man Liquid Products Division is the leading global supplier in molasses, molasses blends and related liquid products as well as dry products for (mainly) the animal feed industry. We are a pioneer as well as a trader in liquid agricultural by-and- co-products. We offer expertise in animal nutrition and feed dispense technology to farmers. We work closely with manufacturers, such as rum and yeast producers, to provide quality products from sustainable sources. Our capability includes sourcing, shipping, storage and distribution of molasses, molasses blends and other sugar co-products, as well as vegetable and fish oils.
We are part of ED&F Man Commodities, a world leading trader of agricultural products including coffee, sugar, molasses and animal feed.
- Customer service and administration.
- Processing orders and setting up contracts providing attention to detail and ensuring accuracy.
- Liaising with farmers, merchants, drivers, and colleagues at various sites.
- Managing IBC orders and stocks across various terminals.
- Providing support to area commercial manager.
- Organizing transport, including price negotiations
- Checking invoices.
- Dealing with last minute changes and queries calmly and efficiently.
- Creating reports within our dedicated system.
- General office duties.
Skills and Experience
- Flexible and adaptable; you must be eager to experience different working environments and able to adjust quickly, as well as being keen to take on new challenges.
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to work within tight deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Pro-active and able to set priorities and follow through to completion.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively build strong working relationships with others and provide them with your support and/or leadership.
- Determined, resilient and eager to join our business.
- High level of integrity, flexibility, ability to work under pressure and self-reflection.
- Be someone that the rest of our small team can rely on and work with comfortably.
As an ever-friendly reminder: Researchers have found that men apply to roles when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Women and other underrepresented groups tend to apply only when they check every box. If you are interested, but don’t feel like you meet every single point on the job description, please still apply!
We provide a fast-paced, stimulating and truly global environment, which will stretch your abilities and channel your talents. We also offer competitive salary and benefits combined with outstanding career development opportunities in one of the global leaders in soft commodity trading.
Respect, Integrity, Meritocracy, Client Focus, Entrepreneurship
Our values define who we are. They are the fundamental beliefs that determine our actions and guide our behaviour. They influence the way we communicate and collaborate, and define the way we engage with our clients, partners, and communities. Our values are underpinned by a set of essential behaviours, which form part of our performance management approach. Delivering on our objectives is very much about ‘what’ we do, but these essential behaviours also provide a guide and measure for ‘how’ we do things. Our performance essentials are Take Initiative, Self‐Management, Deliver Results and Collaboration.
We are committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive and diverse work environment where all employees are treated with dignity and respect. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment and are focussed on actively building and developing diverse teams. All qualified applicants will receive equal treatment without regard to race, colour, sex, gender, age, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, marital or civil partner status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender reassignment (identity, gender expression), genetic information or any characteristic protected by local law.
We are willing to make any reasonable adjustments throughout our recruitment process.
To apply you must have the right to work in the UK